From: LuLu on
Simple fillin fields for a fax saved and stored as a template do not update
when accessed e.g. file, new, "fax.dot" on one PC will automatically bring up
field but same template on another PC will create a new document but not run
the fields. I know I can write VB code to update fields but this then runs
fillin fields twice on some PCs. Also when fillin fields run cannot see
document behind the input boxes (some PCs only). Thanks in advance
Lulu

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
On 31/05/2010 9:12 AM, LuLu wrote:
> Simple fillin fields for a fax saved and stored as a template do not update
> when accessed e.g. file, new, "fax.dot" on one PC will automatically bring up
> field but same template on another PC will create a new document but not run
> the fields. I know I can write VB code to update fields but this then runs
> fillin fields twice on some PCs. Also when fillin fields run cannot see
> document behind the input boxes (some PCs only). Thanks in advance
> Lulu

Check the setting for "Update automatic links at open" under Tools>Options.

However, I would use a UserForm.

See the following page of Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP