From: H.B. on
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I
have researched this and what I found was:

1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder".

2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath
"Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as
desired.

3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available.

I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the
filmstrip.
Any suggestions? I am running windows xp home editions.

Thanks in advance,
hb

From: Brian A. on
"H.B." <hblair(a)sktc.net> wrote in message
>I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I
> have researched this and what I found was:
>
> 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder".
>
> 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath
> "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as
> desired.
>
> 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
>
> The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available.
>
> I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the
> filmstrip.
> Any suggestions? I am running windows xp home editions.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> hb

See if this helps:
Open either MyComputer or Explorer.
On the Menu bar click Tools > Folder Options...
Under the General tab > Tasks pane select "Show common tasks in folders".
Click Apply > Ok.

If the option View > Filmstrip still is not available, complete the steps again
to customize the folder.

--

Brian A. Sesko
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm

From: H.B. on
No, it was already set the way you recommended.
Any other ideas?
hb

From: Brian A. on
Are there any photos in the folders that you do not have the View > Filmstrip
option? If not you have the reason, the filmstrip option is only available for
folders with photos.

From: H.B. on
Yes, I have several folders with a few and some with a lot of pics that I am
unable to get the filmstrip option. But there are a few, mostly those in a
folder called "my pictures" that this option works fine.