From: Doron Holan [MS] on
you can't reduce IRQL inline, you can only raise it and then lower it. if
you truly want to synchronously process soemthing, then queue it to a work
item. if you want your filter to not negatively affect performance, learn
how to process the results in the completion routine asynchronously

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

From: x856256 on
Hello,

Either queueing the job or doing it asynchronously I will have to do
the job in another thread, and wait for the process of the packet to
finish (in order to return the drop, forward or pass reply), and this
is exactly where my problem began, when I tried to use the
KeWaitForSingleObject function.
So let me ask this again: How can I use this wait function, or any
other substitution that will allow me process the packet on another
thread (queued or not) and wait for it to finish processing in order to
return the value?

Thanks,
Guy

From: Alexander Grigoriev on
The answer is again: you cannot wait on DISPATCH_LEVEL.

From: Alexander Grigoriev on

From: hanzhu on
IIRC, IP filter driver should process these packets through the callback
routine instead of submitting the IRP to the lower tcpip protocol
driver. Why do you need to pass the IRPs and wait for its completion?

x856256(a)yahoo.com ?:

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: PacketStackSize