From: Julie on
Hi,

I've used PSP for a few years, and have installed filters and used them with no problems. After reformatting several months back, though, some of my filters are not working. They say they "are not installed correctly" or something... I've uninstalled, I've deleted them, and reinstalled, and they continue to do this.. Has anyone had this happen, and what did you do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

PS. The main PSP that I use is PSP 7, although, I do have PSP 9 and PSP X. I'm not sure if that information helps or not.
From: JoeB on
"Julie" <Julie086(a)centurytel.net> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I've used PSP for a few years, and have installed filters and
used
> them with no problems. After reformatting several months back,
though,
> some of my filters are not working. They say they "are not
installed
> correctly" or something... I've uninstalled, I've deleted them,
and
> reinstalled, and they continue to do this.. Has anyone had this
> happen, and what did you do to resolve this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Julie
>
> PS. The main PSP that I use is PSP 7, although, I do have PSP 9
and
> PSP X. I'm not sure if that information helps or not.

First thing, could you please turn off the HTML posting - it adds
nothing to a text newsgroup.

Second, you have to be more specific. What filters are you
having problems with?

Third, do the filters work in any of the versions of PSP which
you have installed, or in none of them?

And last, deleting any program is a bad idea. The preferred
method is to uninstall programs by using the Add/Remove Programs
in My Computer to uninstall them or at least use the uninstall
option in the program's folder.

More info from you will help others better provide a possible
solution. The devil, as they say, is in the details. :-)

Regards,

JoeB

From: Julie on
First of all, I apologize for using HTML... I'm new here, and wasn't sure on
the rules for this particular group...

Second of all, You are the SECOND person whose quoted that "The devil is in
the details" thing, in the past week... STRANGE! LOL.. (The other person was
in my programming class... LOL)

And about the filters, its SEVERAL different ones. Specifically, all VM
filters, or GREG'S filters.. (I think a few others, but I'm not sure right
now) The main ones that I am wanting to work are VM Natural Sparkle, and
Greg's Pool Shadow.. They all get the same error message...

I hadn't meant I deleted the PROGRAM specifically, but more meant, that I
had deleted my filters out of my filter folder, and re added them... So, I'm
not sure what the problem is..

About whether they work in my other versions, the answer is no.. :( I wish
they did, I would be satisfied to get them to work anywhere... I don't know
what the problem is. Its only with some of my filters, so I really don't get
it. I've not had this problem before.. I could really use them, though, as I
have some ad jobs coming up, and I at least need the Pool Shadow to work..
:( (My FAVE FILTER of all time)

Thanks for any help that anyone can give,

Julie

From: Fred Hiltz on
Julie wrote:
> ... After reformatting several months back, though, some of
> my filters are not working. They say they "are not
> installed correctly" or something...

Classic Question 03 at http://campratty.com/questions.html might
help. It's worth a try.
--
Fred Hiltz, fhiltz at yahoo dot com

From: Julie on
YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH Fred!!! They are working... I had forgotten
to install the DLL Files....... YIKES.. I REALLY appreciate your help!! You
don't know how much..

Thanks!

--
Julie West