From: Danny on
Howdy.

I'm using Filter-by-Form for searching. For each field, when in FBF, the
pull down shows a list of distinct values for that column.

One field on my form, though, is showing a list of non-distinct values, so
the list has over 200,000 entries, many of them duplicates (in this case,
NULL or zero length string).

What's going on? This particular field was fine earlier in development, and
the other search fields are still fine - showing only distinct values.

Any suggestions on where to look/what to do???

Thanks.

Danny
From: Daryl S on
Danny -

Just a guess here, but since no one else has answered... Is there an index
on that field? Will adding one help?

--
Daryl S

"Danny" wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> I'm using Filter-by-Form for searching. For each field, when in FBF, the
> pull down shows a list of distinct values for that column.
>
> One field on my form, though, is showing a list of non-distinct values, so
> the list has over 200,000 entries, many of them duplicates (in this case,
> NULL or zero length string).
>
> What's going on? This particular field was fine earlier in development, and
> the other search fields are still fine - showing only distinct values.
>
> Any suggestions on where to look/what to do???
>
> Thanks.
>
> Danny

Pages: 1
Prev: Create datasheet in MDE