From: Denis BUCHER on
Dear all,

Due to bugs in Microsoft Outlook sending "your message was deleted
without being read" even when this function is disabled, I need to
filter these messages in postfix.

The problem is how to be sure to filter only these messages ?

1. It will be very slow if I filter the *body* of all messages on "was
deleted without being read on " or "Disposition:
automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted" ?

2. Therefore does someone know if I can filter something based on a
header ? I only found this header that looks interesting :

But how to specify this in postfix ? And if it is not necessary, is
there a way to say "if this header is present then check the body" ?

3. And on postfix side, I think I have to use header_checks ?

Thank a lot in advance for any help, I hope my question is clear ;-)

Denis

From: Noel Jones on
On 8/12/2010 11:09 AM, Denis BUCHER wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Due to bugs in Microsoft Outlook sending "your message was
> deleted without being read" even when this function is
> disabled, I need to filter these messages in postfix.
>
> The problem is how to be sure to filter only these messages ?
>
> 1. It will be very slow if I filter the *body* of all messages
> on "was deleted without being read on " or "Disposition:
> automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted" ?
>
> 2. Therefore does someone know if I can filter something based
> on a header ? I only found this header that looks interesting :

> But how to specify this in postfix ? And if it is not
> necessary, is there a way to say "if this header is present
> then check the body" ?
>
> 3. And on postfix side, I think I have to use header_checks ?
>
> Thank a lot in advance for any help, I hope my question is
> clear ;-)
>
> Denis

# main.cf

# header_checks
# (beware wrapping: this is one line)
~^Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically;
deleted~ REJECT bogus deleted notification

-- Noel Jones

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Denis BUCHER <dbucherml(a)hsolutions.ch>:
> Dear all,
>
> Due to bugs in Microsoft Outlook sending "your message was deleted
> without being read" even when this function is disabled, I need to
> filter these messages in postfix.
>
> The problem is how to be sure to filter only these messages ?
>
> 1. It will be very slow if I filter the *body* of all messages on
> "was deleted without being read on " or "Disposition:
> automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted" ?

No, since postfix doesn't scan all the body

> But how to specify this in postfix ? And if it is not necessary, is
> there a way to say "if this header is present then check the body" ?

via header_checks

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin