From: Louis on
How can I filter for results that contain the charcter "(" ?

For example if my fields are:

A(2001)
B(2004)
D(2055)
E(2006)

I would like to display results that contain parentheses brackets.

I try filtering using the wildcard *(* but it does not work.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 15 May 2010 07:00:28 -0700 (PDT), Louis <leplatt(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:

>How can I filter for results that contain the charcter "(" ?
>
>For example if my fields are:
>
>A(2001)
>B(2004)
>D(2055)
>E(2006)
>
>I would like to display results that contain parentheses brackets.
>
>I try filtering using the wildcard *(* but it does not work.

Try

LIKE "*(*"

Wildcards only work with the LIKE operator; if you just put

*(*

on the criteria line it will search for that exact sequence of three
characters.

If you want to search *for a wildcard character* without having it treated as
a wildcard, enclose it in square brackets:

LIKE "*[#]*"

will search for the # character, rather than treating it as a numeric digit
wildcard.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]