From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

steveu wrote:

>>alberto.fuggetta wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm trying to equalize a channel with sever multipath using a DFE
>
> (12,12)
>
>>>with LMS adaption algorithm.
>>>The relative power of the replicas are quite high w.r.t the main path.
>
> (max
>
>>>-4 dB). The equalizer is catastrophic.
>>>From the learning curve analysis I can observe that the error is still
>
> high
>
>>>after processing the training sequence.
>>>Morover, the forward filter coefficients are very small compared to the
>>>feedback filter ones (10^-3 vs 0.2).
>>>Is there any conclusion I can draw from these info?
>>>Thanks
>>
>>Feedback path adaptation is nasty nonlinear problem. Your filter either
>>falls into a local minimum or the adaptation is unstable.
>
> Or maybe his symbol timing has not been locked down well enough for a one
> sample per symbol equalizer to pull in. Trying 2 samples per symbol might
> provide insight into the system's behaviour.

Feedforward coeffs ~ 0 -> error is not correlated with the signal ->
adaptation process is not working right.

From: alberto.fuggetta on
I tried with RLS instead of LMS but I always get bad results.
Is there the possibility that the channel is so bad that any algorithm can
work well with the DFE?

From: cpshah99 on
>I tried with RLS instead of LMS but I always get bad results.
>Is there the possibility that the channel is so bad that any algorithm
can
>work well with the DFE?

Can you explain your channel model? or how the impulse response looks?

Chintan
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

alberto.fuggetta wrote:

> I tried with RLS instead of LMS but I always get bad results.

Does your equalizer work at all, with a trivial channel, no spread?

VLV
From: alberto.fuggetta on
Yes, it does.
If I change the channel with a similar one, having same path delays and
lower path gains, the equalizer has good performances. (BER = 10^-4 @ 12
dB)