From: John Doe on
I've finally convinced myself that Oracle have really killed Sun off now.
My Solaris Subscription has expired and I cannot seem to get Oracle to send me
a quote - what was wrong with buying off the web page?

The response time from Oracle is just dreadful - 4 days to respond to a request
and then it was palmed off on somebody who was on Holiday.

Patches seem to be inaccessible - anybody know what a "Organization Number" is?

I do not understand why they have done this?
Why is everything so difficult now?

Its a real shame, I do not much like Linux volatility and binary compatibility.
What other than Solaris?
Maybe FreeBSD or a Mac?

Anybody else having better luck?

John.
From: Michael Laajanen on
Hi,

John Doe wrote:
> I've finally convinced myself that Oracle have really killed Sun off now.
> My Solaris Subscription has expired and I cannot seem to get Oracle to
> send me a quote - what was wrong with buying off the web page?
>
> The response time from Oracle is just dreadful - 4 days to respond to a
> request and then it was palmed off on somebody who was on Holiday.
>
> Patches seem to be inaccessible - anybody know what a "Organization
> Number" is?
>
> I do not understand why they have done this?
> Why is everything so difficult now?
>
> Its a real shame, I do not much like Linux volatility and binary
> compatibility.
> What other than Solaris?
> Maybe FreeBSD or a Mac?
>
> Anybody else having better luck?
>
> John.
I have the same problem, BUT it was not possible to renew it on the web
for a year ago either so Oracle did not make it worse.

Just wait and see, in a few months more it will most likely start to
work I hope.

/michael
From: Paul Floyd on
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:43:45 +0100, John Doe <john.doe(a)jasspa.com> wrote:

> Anybody else having better luck?

No. My request went through 3 people, the third of whom asked me for my
expired sevice number, and then never got back to me.

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr
From: Cydrome Leader on
Paul Floyd <root(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:43:45 +0100, John Doe <john.doe(a)jasspa.com> wrote:
>
>> Anybody else having better luck?
>
> No. My request went through 3 people, the third of whom asked me for my
> expired sevice number, and then never got back to me.
>
> A bientot
> Paul

IBM will call you if you click around on their website enough. it's
awesome.

If oracle doesn't want your money, IBM does.
From: Canuck57 on
On 14/06/2010 1:43 PM, John Doe wrote:
> I've finally convinced myself that Oracle have really killed Sun off now.
> My Solaris Subscription has expired and I cannot seem to get Oracle to
> send me a quote - what was wrong with buying off the web page?
>
> The response time from Oracle is just dreadful - 4 days to respond to a
> request and then it was palmed off on somebody who was on Holiday.
>
> Patches seem to be inaccessible - anybody know what a "Organization
> Number" is?
>
> I do not understand why they have done this?
> Why is everything so difficult now?
>
> Its a real shame, I do not much like Linux volatility and binary
> compatibility.
> What other than Solaris?
> Maybe FreeBSD or a Mac?
>
> Anybody else having better luck?
>
> John.

We went Red Hat.

--
The bigger government gets, the more it tends to rule out common sense.