From: John on
I need to find employees names that show up in two tables (duplicates). I
have a table called Did Not Receive Gift Card and a table called Tax List
(the table names are saved with the spaces exactly as shown). I need to find
employees whose name is on the Did Not Receive Gift Card table AS WELL AS on
the tax list table. Both tables use the field of name. This field is the
employees full name. I did not set up the table this way, I inherited it so I
cannot change it now. In essence what I am looking for are those employees
who did not receive a gift card (Name on Did Not Receive Gift Card table) but
were taxed for a card in their pay (name also on Tax List table). An office
mate suggested a Join Query, but not sure how to write such.
From: Steve on
Hello John,

Create a query that includes both tables. In the query, join the Name field
of both tables. The query will return the names that are in both tables.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Dorian on
You can do an inner join but there is nothing to prevent different people
having the same name (its very common) so I would not use the name. You
really need a unique key.
SELECT A.Name FROM
A INNER JOIN B
ON A.Name = B.Name;