From: Chris on
I use a spreadsheet to calculate my contract price for a bid. I would like to maintain the same price amount with a formula that would automatically adjust the percentage of profit up or down when a direct cost in the spreadsheet amount is changed. For example; if I have a bid price of $1000 with a 10% profit ($100)and the price of an item that is part of the direct cost goes from $50 to $60 the percentage woud autamatically adjust my profit from 10% to 9%, decreasing my profit to $90, accounting for the additional $10 of direct cost, but the bid price would remain at $1000.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:57:10 -0700, Chris <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote:

>I use a spreadsheet to calculate my contract price for a bid. I would like to maintain the same price amount with a formula that would automatically adjust the percentage of profit up or down when a direct cost in the spreadsheet amount is changed. For example; if I have a bid price of $1000 with a 10% profit ($100)and the price of an item that is part of the direct cost goes from $50 to $60 the percentage woud autamatically adjust my profit from 10% to 9%, decreasing my profit to $90, accounting for the additional $10 of direct cost, but the bid price would remain at $1000.
>
>---
>frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

Please post this Excel question in an Excel forum. This newsgroup is for a
different program, Microsoft Access.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: SuzyQ on
It sounds like you're using Excel, not Access. You should probably post your
question to the Excel forum. If your are using Access, and it probably would
be a better option than Excel by the description you give, then you should
use the term table instead of spreadsheet. Access does not have
spreadsheets. - At any rate...

In access you should have a table that hold your bids, another table that
holds your costs on that bidded item, linked together by bidItem or something
like that. Then you can do a report that totals all costs and then
calculates the percent profit based on the bid amount.

"Chris" wrote:

> I use a spreadsheet to calculate my contract price for a bid. I would like to maintain the same price amount with a formula that would automatically adjust the percentage of profit up or down when a direct cost in the spreadsheet amount is changed. For example; if I have a bid price of $1000 with a 10% profit ($100)and the price of an item that is part of the direct cost goes from $50 to $60 the percentage woud autamatically adjust my profit from 10% to 9%, decreasing my profit to $90, accounting for the additional $10 of direct cost, but the bid price would remain at $1000.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Find duplicate records in two tables.
Next: hey