From: sarahphonics on
I have a list of data as follows

A B C
1 Belfast 21
2 South 36 =abs(B1-B2)
3 Laganbank 25 =abs(B1-B3)
4 Balmoral 19 =abs(B1-B4)

What I want is to find the max value in column C and return the
corresponding name from column A. So in this case, C2 is highest (15) so the
value returned would be "South".

Note: The numbers in column B are linked to another table and have many
decimal places. they are not just typed whole numbers.
From: Jacob Skaria on
Try the INDEX() MATCH() combination

=INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MAX(C1:C4),C1:C4,0))

--