From: Leo on
What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I
am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info.

From: Dee Earley on
On 10/08/2010 14:44, Leo wrote:
> What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I
> am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info.

For what purpose?
The sidebar in Window 7 does not have a single window.

For each Gadget, there is a root window of class
"SideBar_HTMLHostWindow" with no caption which has a single IE child window.
Each gadget also has a indow of class "BasicWindow" and the name of the
gadget as the caption.

All of these can be seen in Spy++ without a problem.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Leo on
After serious thinking Dee Earley wrote :
> On 10/08/2010 14:44, Leo wrote:
>> What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I
>> am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info.
>
> For what purpose?
> The sidebar in Window 7 does not have a single window.
>
> For each Gadget, there is a root window of class "SideBar_HTMLHostWindow"
> with no caption which has a single IE child window.
> Each gadget also has a indow of class "BasicWindow" and the name of the
> gadget as the caption.
>
> All of these can be seen in Spy++ without a problem.

I want to be able to hide all gadgets reliably on all versions greater
than Vista including the visible window in Vista.

From: Dee Earley on
On 10/08/2010 15:20, Leo wrote:
> After serious thinking Dee Earley wrote :
>> On 10/08/2010 14:44, Leo wrote:
>>> What is the caption of the Windows Sidebar and what is it's class as I
>>> am having trouble using Spy++ to find that info.
>>
>> For what purpose?
>> The sidebar in Window 7 does not have a single window.
>>
>> For each Gadget, there is a root window of class
>> "SideBar_HTMLHostWindow" with no caption which has a single IE child
>> window.
>> Each gadget also has a indow of class "BasicWindow" and the name of
>> the gadget as the caption.
>>
>> All of these can be seen in Spy++ without a problem.
>
> I want to be able to hide all gadgets reliably on all versions greater
> than Vista including the visible window in Vista.

Shutdown sidebar.exe?
To rephrase what I asked, what do you want to happen (not what do you
think you need to do)
Going behind an applications back is just going to cause problems.
"Full screen" apps normally override the gadgets anyway if required.