From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Note that your files that are constructed by the MFC tools always have, at the front,

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define new DEBUG_NEW
#endif

If you hand-build your own files and they don't have this, and you use 'new', you will not
get the file and line information recordedin the data structures.

Copy these lines from the MFC-generated sources to your DLL sources and you will get what
you want.

joe

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:55:39 +0530, "Anwar Khan" <anwaruk(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a MFC/C++ Application developed. I see a lot of Memory Leaks Dump in
>the Visual Studio output window when run the app via the debugger.
>
>My application consists of an exe, and a few DLLs. The DLLs are loaded by
>the exe using LoadLibrary.
>
>And any memory leaks are in any of the DLLs, there is no info like where in
>the sourcecode (file name and line number) where the leak was caused. All
>that I see is the number of bytes of leaked.
>Whereas, any leak in the EXE shows exact info about file name and line
>number.
>
>Any help/tips/suggestions to help me solve the memory leaks would be highly
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>Anwar.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]