From: Leza S. on
Thanks, Jorn, I tried this and although it worked, it pops up a parameter
search dialog box, which I do not want. I want to be able to type the ID
number into the form I made, click on a "button" and have it go directly to
another form displaying the contents of that record only.
--
Leza
New and Confused User

From: Jörn Bosse on
Am 03.06.2010 21:57, schrieb Leza S.:
> Thanks, Jorn, I tried this and although it worked, it pops up a parameter
> search dialog box, which I do not want. I want to be able to type the ID
> number into the form I made, click on a "button" and have it go directly to
> another form displaying the contents of that record only.

Hey,

whats the name of your textbox in which you want to inser the code?
Do you have a query with parameters as recordsource for your new form?
Whats the name of your ID-column?

Jörn

From: Leza S. on

1. Regarding name of textbox, I don't have a textbox. I was using a field
pulled
from the table.
2. No query set with parameters for new form
3. The name of my ID-column is AlienID (set to key field)

The name of form I want to open first: InitialVerify

Hope this helps you help me :). This is for a new job I have. Thanks for
being so helpful.

Leza
--
Leza
New and Confused User

From: Jörn Bosse on
Am 04.06.2010 01:26, schrieb Leza S.:

> 1. Regarding name of textbox, I don't have a textbox. I was using a field
> pulled
> from the table.
> 2. No query set with parameters for new form
> 3. The name of my ID-column is AlienID (set to key field)
>
> The name of form I want to open first: InitialVerify
>
> Hope this helps you help me :). This is for a new job I have. Thanks for
> being so helpful.
>
> Leza

Hey,

the field, where you enter your number has a name. you can see that name
in the properties of this fiel if you open your form in the design-mode.
If think that your id is an integer, thats what it should be as primkey.

DoCmd.OpenForm "InitialVerify", acNormal, , "AlienID = " &
Me.YourTXTfield, acFormReadOnly

check the name of the field, you enter your values and change
YourTXTfield to that name.

If your AlienID is a string you have to type it like this:

DoCmd.OpenForm "InitialVerify", acNormal, , "AlienID = '" &
Me.YourTXTfield & "'" , acFormReadOnly

An integer value has only numbers and a string can include numbers,
letters etc.

integer: 123
string: "Hello%123"

Regards