From: Petersen, Vegard Krog on

Have upgraded to Firefox 3.

Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
"Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290

TIA

Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
http://vegard2.no

From: Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo on
Petersen, Vegard Krog wrote:
> Have upgraded to Firefox 3.
>
> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
>
> N-scape1, FoxScape and Perennial all dead and not compatible...
> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290
>
> TIA
>
> Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
> http://vegard2.no

you only have to sent it once, not 4 times.

You can try this, but I can't guarantee it. Backup your
profile first, just incase something goes wrong.

Save the above files to your hard drive. They should be an
..xpi file. If they are, then open it with your zip program.

Inside it you will see a .jar file. Open that with your zip
program.

From there you will find a file called install.rdf. Open
that using any word processing program. Look for the line
that says:

<em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion>

once found, that means the maximum version of FF that is
good for is FF 1.6. Change that line to 3.5.

Now, zip everything back up exactly the way it came. Don't
include other directories, or your screwed.

Now, install it into FF and see if it works. Does it?

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
From: elaich on
"Petersen, Vegard Krog" <vegard_krog_petersen(a)hotmail.com> wrote in

> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.

You are just going to have to wait until the developers catch up.

I'm not using FF3 yet, but I made my own Netscape theme by modifying blue-
orbit, replacing the throbber with the Netscape one. It's not the old 4.7
theme with the stoplight, but more like Netscape 7.
From: Petersen, Vegard Krog on

>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4083
>>> http://digiboy.deviantart.com/art/Perennial-0-2-2-10768290
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Regards from Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
>>> http://vegard2.no
>>>

>> you only have to sent it once, not 4 times.
>>

> I've got an error message - 'sending failed' each time.
> Anyway - sorry about that.
>

>> You can try this, but I can't guarantee it. Backup your profile
>> first, just incase something goes wrong.
>>
>> Save the above files to your hard drive. They should be an .xpi
>> file. If they are, then open it with your zip program.
>>
>> Inside it you will see a .jar file. Open that with your zip program.
>>
>> From there you will find a file called install.rdf. Open that using
>> any word processing program. Look for the line that says:
>>
>> <em:maxVersion>1.6</em:maxVersion>
>>
>> once found, that means the maximum version of FF that is good for is
>> FF 1.6. Change that line to 3.5.
>>
>> Now, zip everything back up exactly the way it came. Don't include
>> other directories, or your screwed.
>>
>> Now, install it into FF and see if it works. Does it?
>>

> I'll try and get back. Thanks for the info. :-)
>
> regards from vegard

Tested. N-scape1 no success. Firefox refused to install it.
FoxScape works (somewhat). "Awesome Bar" not so awesome anymore...

:-) Thanks to all.

regards from vegard
From: Petersen, Vegard Krog on
elaich skrev:
> "Petersen, Vegard Krog" <vegard_krog_petersen(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Anybody know of any Firefox 3-compatible "classic" theme?
>> "Classic" referring to the old Netscape/Mozilla look.
>
> You are just going to have to wait until the developers catch up.

Wait? A destiny worse than death! :-) :-) :-)

regards from vegard