From: Reb on
Hi, I'm sure this has been covered before but....

How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?

Version 2.0.0.3
Windows XPSP2

What I've done so far:

In services. Made remote access connection manager, remote access auto
connection manager and telephony all auto start.
Made sure network autodialer helper is enabled in config.

Set Internet options to "dial when no network connection" also "always dial
default connection" all to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

From: John Thompson on
On 2007-03-27, Reb <no(a)thanks.org> wrote:

> How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?

This is actually a Windows issue, not Firefox. Firefox is only a
browser; any autodialing is handled separately by Windows. You'll likely
have better luck finding an answer on one of the many Windows
newsgroups.

--

John (john(a)os2.dhs.org)
From: Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo on
On Mar 27, 3:41 pm, "Reb" <n...(a)thanks.org> wrote:
> Hi, I'm sure this has been covered before but....
>
> How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?
>
> Version 2.0.0.3
> Windows XPSP2
>
> What I've done so far:
>
> In services. Made remote access connection manager, remote access auto
> connection manager and telephony all auto start.
> Made sure network autodialer helper is enabled in config.
>
> Set Internet options to "dial when no network connection" also "always dial
> default connection" all to no avail.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

open IE, then click on Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab, and
select "Always dial my default connection"

From: Reb on

<Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 27, 3:41 pm, "Reb" <n...(a)thanks.org> wrote:
>> Hi, I'm sure this has been covered before but....
>>
>> How do you get firefox to autodial at start-up?
>>
>> Version 2.0.0.3
>> Windows XPSP2
>>
>> What I've done so far:
>>
>> In services. Made remote access connection manager, remote access auto
>> connection manager and telephony all auto start.
>> Made sure network autodialer helper is enabled in config.
>>
>> Set Internet options to "dial when no network connection" also "always
>> dial
>> default connection" all to no avail.
>>
>> Any help greatly appreciated.
>

> open IE, then click on Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab, and
> select "Always dial my default connection"

Yep, done that to no avail. However, I have found out that if I don't have
my local proxy configured (a small monitoring programme) then FF will dial.

I know FF is capable of dailing with this proxy set because it used to do it
quite happily until my recent format and re-install.

From: John Thompson on
On 2007-03-28, Reb <no(a)thanks.org> wrote:

> I know FF is capable of dailing with this proxy set because it used to do it
> quite happily until my recent format and re-install.

Firefox doesn't do any dialing -- Windows (when configured properly) can
detect when it needs to start a network connection and will bring up a
dialer, or wake up your LAN or WiFi card as appropriate to make that
connection. It's been quite a while since I've used Windows, but IIRC
the settings you need are in the Control Panel "Network" applet.

--

John (john(a)os2.dhs.org)