From: Larry Davis on
Using Firefox 1.5.0.9, for no apparent reason ALL my entries in the
Search Engine Box are gone. Everything else is OK.

I've brought up the "add engines" which redirects me to the FF Search
Engines page. On there is everything except what I want - Google.
The most popular search engine out there, and it's not available to
add. What's up with that ?

I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance....

Larry Davis
Cortland, IL 60112
From: Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo on
On Feb 18, 6:42 am, Larry Davis <lgd...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Using Firefox 1.5.0.9, for no apparent reason ALL my entries in the
> Search Engine Box are gone. Everything else is OK.
>
> I've brought up the "add engines" which redirects me to the FF Search
> Engines page. On there is everything except what I want - Google.
> The most popular search engine out there, and it's not available to
> add. What's up with that ?
>
> I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
> how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
> Larry Davis
> Cortland, IL 60112

you can look here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_search_or_add_new_engines

plus I don't know where you're looking for search engines, but you can
find google here: http://mycroft.mozdev.org/

From: Makhno on
> I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
> how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).

Who are these "Google" people? I've never heard of them.

(in a funny mood today. Don't you use the Google toolbar?)
From: John Thompson on
On 2007-02-18, Larry Davis <lgd49y(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Using Firefox 1.5.0.9, for no apparent reason ALL my entries in the
> Search Engine Box are gone. Everything else is OK.
>
> I've brought up the "add engines" which redirects me to the FF Search
> Engines page. On there is everything except what I want - Google.
> The most popular search engine out there, and it's not available to
> add. What's up with that ?
>
> I just want to add Google to my Search Engine Box, but can't figure
> how to add it (or anything else not on the FF list).
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

The default search engines are stored in Firefox's program dirctory;
e.g. on Windows, C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins

What do you find there? Could it be a permissions problem?

User-installed search plugins are in the "searchplugins" directory of
your profile directory.

If there are files in these places but you can't see them from FireFox,
something's gotten hosed in you configuration. It appears that search
engine configuration is stored in "search.sqlite" in your profile
directory. Try moving that out of the way (withOUT FireFox running) and
restart FireFox to see if it is automatically regenerated.

--

John (john(a)os2.dhs.org)
From: Larry Davis on
I followed this link and went into Safe Mode, which restored all
the search engines.

Thanx to all who replied...

Larry