From: Owain on
Hi

I use plusnet webmail (It's actually Squirrelmail) and Firefox has
today stopped opening messages.

The URL for a message is something like (obscured)
https://webmail.plus.net/src/read_body.php?mailbox=INBOX&passed_id=9999&startMessage=1

Firefox has started coming up with

"You have tried to open body.php which is a PHP file. What do you want
to do with it?"

It will still do Compose, however, which is
https://webmail.plus.net/src/compose.php?mailbox=INBOX&startMessage=1

and other commands, just not open messages

Owain

From: C. on
On Nov 23, 11:42 am, Owain <spuorgelg...(a)gowanhill.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use plusnet webmail  (It's actually Squirrelmail) and Firefox has
> today stopped opening messages.
>
> The URL for a message is something like (obscured)https://webmail.plus.net/src/read_body.php?mailbox=INBOX&passed_id=99...
>
> Firefox has started coming up with
>
> "You have tried to open body.php which is a PHP file. What do you want
> to do with it?"
>
> It will still do Compose, however, which ishttps://webmail.plus.net/src/compose.php?mailbox=INBOX&startMessage=1
>
> and other commands, just not open messages
>
> Owain

It sounds like Plusnet have changed their webserver conf and are not
setting the correct content-type. See if you can capture the HTTP
header exchange (there are several firefox add-ons which can do this)
- and let the support people know.

When setting up a webserver for PHP, you need to tell it which files
it should pass to the interpreter, the interpreter sets the content-
type in the response header when it processes the script - defaults to
HTML unless there's been some tinkering with the source code for PHP,
or the code run through the interpreter overrides this. It might be a
good idea to see if the download is the html generated from PHP or the
PHP source code itself (which may include stuff that should not be
visible to users!).

Note that this setting would affect all the php files on the server -
so it may be some specific PHP hacks to body.php, or the URLs may be
split across seperate machines.

HTH

C.
From: Owain on
On 23 Nov, 13:42, "C." wrote:
> It sounds like Plusnet have changed their webserver conf and are not
> setting the correct content-type.

Oh, joyful. That would make sense. I logged it with +net but their
support turnaround is estimated at a couple of days

> It might be a
> good idea to see if the download is the html generated from PHP or the
> PHP source code itself (which may include stuff that should not be
> visible to users!).

When I 'save' the file it's a 0kB file.

Owain
From: Owain on
On 23 Nov, 13:50, Owain wrote:
> > It sounds like Plusnet have changed their webserver conf and are not
> > setting the correct content-type.

Seems to have been fixed, or fixed itself, now. Just relieved it
wasn't anything I'd done.

Owain