From: Rowland McDonnell on
I've not long ago upgraded to Firefox 3.6.6.

And now, if I try `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' on

<http://www.royharper.co.uk/blog/?p=370>

I get just the HTML file and none of the other stuff (there's a banner
and a background at least).

Thing is, `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' works normally on the
BBC's news front page.

Anyone got a clue what's going on?

(3.06GHz C2D Intel iMac, MacOS X 10.6.4)

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Lachlan - KotU on

"Rowland McDonnell" <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote in
message
> I've not long ago upgraded to Firefox 3.6.6.
>
> And now, if I try `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' on
>
> <http://www.royharper.co.uk/blog/?p=370>
>
> I get just the HTML file and none of the other stuff (there's a banner
> and a background at least).
>
> Thing is, `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' works normally on the
> BBC's news front page.
>
> Anyone got a clue what's going on?
>
> (3.06GHz C2D Intel iMac, MacOS X 10.6.4)
>
> Rowland.
>
> --
> Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
> Sorry - the spam got to me
> http://www.mag-uk.org http://www.bmf.co.uk
> UK biker? Join MAG and the BMF and stop the Eurocrats banning biking

You're using a mac.

From: Rowland McDonnell on
Lachlan - KotU <hamfish(a)gmail.invalid> wrote:

> "Rowland McDonnell" <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
> > I've not long ago upgraded to Firefox 3.6.6.
> >
> > And now, if I try `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' on
> >
> > <http://www.royharper.co.uk/blog/?p=370>
> >
> > I get just the HTML file and none of the other stuff (there's a banner
> > and a background at least).
> >
> > Thing is, `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' works normally on the
> > BBC's news front page.
> >
> > Anyone got a clue what's going on?
[snip]

> You're using a mac.

Umm, yes indeed. You did read the sign on the door when you walked in?

Rowland.

From: Woody on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> I've not long ago upgraded to Firefox 3.6.6.
>
> And now, if I try `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' on
>
> <http://www.royharper.co.uk/blog/?p=370>
>
> I get just the HTML file and none of the other stuff (there's a banner
> and a background at least).
>
> Thing is, `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' works normally on the
> BBC's news front page.
>
> Anyone got a clue what's going on?

Must be something on that page. I have 3.6.8, tried it on that page,
didn't get any of the other files. Tried it on the register, got
everything.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
>
> > I've not long ago upgraded to Firefox 3.6.6.
> >
> > And now, if I try `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' on
> >
> > <http://www.royharper.co.uk/blog/?p=370>
> >
> > I get just the HTML file and none of the other stuff (there's a banner
> > and a background at least).
> >
> > Thing is, `Save Page As...' `Web page (complete)' works normally on the
> > BBC's news front page.
> >
> > Anyone got a clue what's going on?
>
> Must be something on that page. I have 3.6.8,

Hmm. Could have sworn I told it to do the update not so many days ago,
but I've definitely still got 3.6.6...

Ho hum. Downloading we go. Again.

(Something's got to be done about this constant updating - and the time
it takes to install software. Quick and easy, huh? So since when did
you last see a software licence that you could read in less than ten
minutes? Hmm? ... Grmph.)

> tried it on that page,
> didn't get any of the other files. Tried it on the register, got
> everything.

Righto.

Any idea what causes this sort of thing?

Rowland.