From: chris on
I've just tried to restart Firefox following the 3.5.6 update, but it
fails to bring up the IU. Doing a 'ps' shows that firefox,
run-mozilla.sh and firefox-bin are all running as per usual.

Running with profile manager and creating a new profile fixes it, but
I'd like to get my old profile back. Anyone else seen this?
From: chris on
On 17/12/09 09:27, chris wrote:
> I've just tried to restart Firefox following the 3.5.6 update, but it
> fails to bring up the IU. Doing a 'ps' shows that firefox,
> run-mozilla.sh and firefox-bin are all running as per usual.
>
> Running with profile manager and creating a new profile fixes it, but
> I'd like to get my old profile back. Anyone else seen this?

Update.

I remembered about safe mode and disabled all the add-ons. By a process
of elimination it turns out the Zotero plugin isn't happy with 3.5.6.

From: chris on
On 17/12/09 09:27, chris wrote:
> I've just tried to restart Firefox following the 3.5.6 update, but it
> fails to bring up the IU. Doing a 'ps' shows that firefox,
> run-mozilla.sh and firefox-bin are all running as per usual.
>
> Running with profile manager and creating a new profile fixes it, but
> I'd like to get my old profile back. Anyone else seen this?

Sorry to keep replying to my own thread, bad form I know.

However, I now have lost all my plugins: e.g. flash, java, etc. Is that
a feature of running safe-mode, anyone know? I'm no longer running
safe-mode BTW.