From: Jolly Roger on
In article <4c3d9c9c$0$4568$e4fe514c(a)dreader30.news.xs4all.nl>,
Cat <0kevi(a)accessforall.invalid> wrote:

> Obviously it is enabled in SL 10.6..4, though I disabled it long ago. I
> noticed it when checking log files. There's a whole list of 'connection
> attempts' and there is no way to disable logging, or is there? See
> also...
>
> http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2149902&tstart=0
>
> Checking System Profiler>Firewall I see Stealth Mode - NO, although I
> enabled it

Stealth mode is often overkill, and can actually cause problems,
especially with diagnosis of network issues.

JR
From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-14-2010 12:09, Jolly Roger wrote:
> Nah. That's what fail2ban is for. : )

I shall indeed look that up for consideration.

--
Wes Groleau

Structure and Organization
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1401
From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-15-2010 06:41, Jolly Roger wrote:
> Actually, fail2ban can detect lots of other stuff too, such as scripted
> Apache and PHP attacks, and so on. RTFM.

RTWP (I Read The Web Page). Well, then they need to find
a more motivated pitchman to write their web page. :-)

But thanks for the update. If I ever decide to go back to
filtering on the Mac (instead of on the router as currently),
I'll remember this. :-)

--
Wes Groleau

It seems a pity that psychology should have
destroyed all our knowledge of human nature.
-- G. K. Chesterton

Pages: 1
Prev: I cleaned my mouse
Next: Screen Background Oddity