From: Tim Okergit on
Sometimes I scrolled up and the scrolling would stop. I figured maybe it
was dirt.

I never thought it would be this easy to clean. It took only one minute.
Only one bolt to remove, no detachable parts inside. All I had to do is
blow air and remove 2 little pads of lint in the scroll wheel with a
pair of tweezers and a little screwdriver.

I'm not sure it's this one, but it looks like it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4BBFK

It works fine and came with my computer.

From: Tim Okergit on
On 07/14/2010 12:48 AM, Tim Okergit wrote:
> Sometimes I scrolled up and the scrolling would stop. I figured maybe it
> was dirt.
>
> I never thought it would be this easy to clean. It took only one minute.
> Only one bolt to remove, no detachable parts inside. All I had to do is
> blow air and remove 2 little pads of lint in the scroll wheel with a
> pair of tweezers and a little screwdriver.
>
> I'm not sure it's this one, but it looks like it:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4BBFK
>
> It works fine and came with my computer.

Sorry. It's this one, the M-UAE96:

http://www.epinions.com/review/Logitech_Optical_Mouse_9313690403_1/content_469571243652

Amount Paid (US$): 9

From: dorayme on
In article <i1jfar$mb5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Tim Okergit <to(a)notme.com> wrote:

> Sometimes I scrolled up and the scrolling would stop. I figured maybe it
> was dirt.
>
> I never thought it would be this easy to clean. It took only one minute.
> Only one bolt to remove, no detachable parts inside. All I had to do is
> blow air and remove 2 little pads of lint in the scroll wheel with a
> pair of tweezers and a little screwdriver.
>
> I'm not sure it's this one, but it looks like it:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4BBFK
>
> It works fine and came with my computer.

I am so glad I learned to do without this wheelie thing and
bought the corded Apple Pro optical, the beautiful white
'buttonless' mouse years ago! It is possibly the best mouse ever
produced in the world ever.

--
dorayme
From: Tim Okergit on
On 07/14/2010 01:37 AM, dorayme wrote:
> In article<i1jfar$mb5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Tim Okergit<to(a)notme.com> wrote:
>
>> Sometimes I scrolled up and the scrolling would stop. I figured maybe it
>> was dirt.
>>
>> I never thought it would be this easy to clean. It took only one minute.
>> Only one bolt to remove, no detachable parts inside. All I had to do is
>> blow air and remove 2 little pads of lint in the scroll wheel with a
>> pair of tweezers and a little screwdriver.
>>
>> I'm not sure it's this one, but it looks like it:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4BBFK
>>
>> It works fine and came with my computer.
>
> I am so glad I learned to do without this wheelie thing and
> bought the corded Apple Pro optical, the beautiful white
> 'buttonless' mouse years ago! It is possibly the best mouse ever
> produced in the world ever.

Opinions differ, it seems:

The bad: There are two main issues with this product, the first is the
button sensors go berserk and spray click sounds as you move the mouse
or fingers by hair. Sometimes they do not register any clicks and
sometimes they snap a click without you pressing. It's obviously bad. I
had two Mighty Mouses, and both had that issue although the second was
by far better in that respect.

The worst: The scroll ball ALWAYS gets dirty just too easily. If you use
your computer a lot you will get this mouse screwed eventually. If dirt
goes in through the cracks, and it will, you can start counting the days
to its demise. Once the scroll ball barely operates, the mouse becomes
ABSOLUTELY useless. It is actually extremely irritating that I have a 10
year old optical mouse that has the basic three buttons and a scroll
WHEEL that work flawlessly to this day, while Apple's pricey product
(and I thought for a reason) is defected on every front.

Don't be too fooled by the 5 stars it gets from other folks here. List
it by the lowest and newest score and you'll see the bigger picture.
I've been in their boat before. Obviously there's a good reason why this
product fails to scratch 3 stars. It shouldn't even get that.

=============

Worst mouse ever. I'm not even giving it a star. While I loved this
thing when it worked, I have to buy a new one way too often. If you get
the slightest little piece of dust or liquid on that ball, it stops
working. Sometimes I can beat the mouse into submission and get it to
work again, but most times that's just a temporary fix. Nothing worse
than being able to only scroll up or only scroll down.

===============

The scroll ball is highly susceptible to malfunction. Any oils or
moisture on your scrolling finger will be pulled in and will stop it
from scrolling. In true Apple fashion, it's sealed so you can't clean it
out like you did with your old track-ball mice. This much money for what
is essentially a disposable mouse? I advise against it.

==================

Had mouse for a little over 6 months when the roller ball stopped
scrolling down. Tried troubleshooting tips online, but nothing helped.
Luckily it was still under warranty so I was able to get a replacement.
Well, that was a month ago and now the new one will not scroll up!! It
may not sound like a big deal (at least I can scroll down right?), but
when you do a lot of web surfing or are just trying to edit a report,
it's a pain. Hubby said toss this one and buy something more
reliable---my advice to you is the same.

==================

I bought my latest mouse only a few months ago and the scroll has
already stopped working. I'm on my 4th mouse in less than 2 years. It's
handy but has no durability

===================

And that's on Apple site:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB112LL/B?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTMzNzYzMzc

I believe this is the kind of problem JF Mezei and just about everybody
on this group have.

But I'm so glad you like you mouse!
From: dorayme on
In article <i1jjf0$3bq$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Tim Okergit <to(a)notme.com> wrote:

> On 07/14/2010 01:37 AM, dorayme wrote:
> > In article<i1jfar$mb5$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> > Tim Okergit<to(a)notme.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Sometimes I scrolled up and the scrolling would stop. I figured maybe it
> >> was dirt.
> >>
> >> I never thought it would be this easy to clean. It took only one minute.
> >> Only one bolt to remove, no detachable parts inside. All I had to do is
> >> blow air and remove 2 little pads of lint in the scroll wheel with a
> >> pair of tweezers and a little screwdriver.
> >>
> >> I'm not sure it's this one, but it looks like it:
> >>
> >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B4BBFK
> >>
> >> It works fine and came with my computer.
> >
> > I am so glad I learned to do without this wheelie thing and
> > bought the corded Apple Pro optical, the beautiful white
> > 'buttonless' mouse years ago! It is possibly the best mouse ever
> > produced in the world ever.
>
> Opinions differ, it seems:
>
> The bad: There are two main issues with this product,

Why are you going on talking about anything but the mouse I am
recommending to you?

--
dorayme
 |  Next  |  Last