From: Daniel Dilts on
I'm trying to figure out where/how the firmware is loaded on the
hp50g. From the documentation for the processor it looks like the
bootloader starts execution at 0x4000 (FLASH, I think). Where does
the firmware get mapped in memory? And, if it doesn't get mapped to
0x4000, how can I find the code that is at 0x4000?
From: Han on
On Jul 18, 12:43 am, Daniel Dilts <dilts...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out where/how the firmware is loaded on the
> hp50g.  From the documentation for the processor it looks like the
> bootloader starts execution at 0x4000 (FLASH, I think).  Where does
> the firmware get mapped in memory?  And, if it doesn't get mapped to
> 0x4000, how can I find the code that is at 0x4000?

You may want to check out x49g, which also emulates the ARM layer of
the HP49G+. It is possible you may find more clues there. I personally
have not had time to check (currently messing with updating Jazz and
sadhp).
From: Andreas Möller on
Hello,

>  And, if it doesn't get mapped to
> 0x4000, how can I find the code that is at 0x4000?

Try this page for more information:
http://lebonpoint.chez-alice.fr/hp49gp/reverse.htm#hardware

Regards,
Andreas