From: PremiumBlend on
Hello,

I'd like to create a message box with a warning icon
along with the text string "Invalid Syntax" exactly like
the one you see if you try to ENTER the # character by
itself.

In The HP 48 Handbook on page 200 there is a program
that uses DoMsgBox but my limited knowledge of
Sys-RPL programming tells me that XLIB 177 0
is not installed on my calculator.

The TRYMBX program on page 200 is as follows:

\<<
"Calculation Complete"
GROB 11 11 8F004010202010409840140104098
40272040108F00 MSGBX
\>>

What I'm interested in is how to create the warning
icon. Page 34 of the book gives a great breakdown
of graphics objects structure. It talks about preparing
a GROB on a personal computer. Do I use Notepad
to do that? How do I get that GROB transferred to my
calculator?

Also on page 34, the GROB structure is:

Concerning the <data...>, what does the author mean
by "integral number of bytes"? I think I'm going to get
bogged down here with too many questions. The GROB
on page 35 is way longer on the computer than it is on
the calculator. I'm a visual learner so ideally I would need
a good model to go by like what data nibbles go into a
grid to represent each side or top of a desired GROB.
Where is my Etch A Sketch?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Mark
From: Jacob Wall on
Hi Mark, you could use a SYSEVAL to call the System RPL "FlashWarning"
command, for example:

\<< "Invalid Syntax" # 46A55h SYSEVAL
\>>

Works on 49g+ or 50g, can't say it does or doesn't for other models.

--
Jacob Wall

From: Andreas Möller on
Hello,

This is described in detail in chapter "9.1.1 Message Box Parameters",
including an example, in "An Introduction to HP 48 System RPL and
Assembly Language Programming" by James Donnelly. The online version
from March 1, 2009 is avaliable as *pdf at www.hpcalc.org.

Also GROBs are explained in detail in this book.

HTH,
Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
From: PremiumBlend on
On Jul 18, 11:37 pm, Jacob Wall <jac...(a)surv50.ca> wrote:
> Hi Mark, you could use a SYSEVAL to call the System RPL "FlashWarning"
> command, for example:
>
> \<< "Invalid Syntax" # 46A55h SYSEVAL
> \>>
>
> Works on 49g+ or 50g, can't say it does or doesn't for other models.
>
> --
> Jacob Wall
>
> On 18/07/2010 7:58 PM, PremiumBlend wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > I'd like to create a message box with a warning icon
> > along with the text string "Invalid Syntax" exactly like
> > the one you see if you try to ENTER the # character by
> > itself.
>
> > In The HP 48 Handbook on page 200 there is a program
> > that uses DoMsgBox but my limited knowledge of
> > Sys-RPL programming tells me that XLIB 177 0
> > is not installed on my calculator.
>
> > The TRYMBX program on page 200 is as follows:
>
> > \<<
> > "Calculation Complete"
> > GROB 11 11 8F004010202010409840140104098
> > 40272040108F00 MSGBX
> > \>>
>
> > What I'm interested in is how to create the warning
> > icon. Page 34 of the book gives a great breakdown
> > of graphics objects structure. It talks about preparing
> > a GROB on a personal computer. Do I use Notepad
> > to do that? How do I get that GROB transferred to my
> > calculator?
>
> > Also on page 34, the GROB structure is:

> > Concerning the<data...>, what does the author mean
> > by "integral number of bytes"? I think I'm going to get
> > bogged down here with too many questions. The GROB
> > on page 35 is way longer on the computer than it is on
> > the calculator. I'm a visual learner so ideally I would need
> > a good model to go by like what data nibbles go into a
> > grid to represent each side or top of a desired GROB.
> > Where is my Etch A Sketch?
>
> > Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mark- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!
From: PremiumBlend on