From: EVH on
I have inconsistencies when I select fit to scale, sometimes I get large
white spaces (about 1.5 - 2 inches on either side) and the page looks really
narrow. How can i fix this and get a more consistent look to all the
workbooks.
From: JLatham on
You'll often get that kind of results when you choose to "fit to scale" with
settings fixed for both page width and height. If it's a long document, then
it has to squeeze it down a lot to get it on one page, and it squeezes the
width at the same time, giving wide margins.

What you can do is to choose the Fit to Scale settings to fit to EITHER a
particular width or height, but leave the other dimension undefined. You do
this by going to the settings and actually deleting any entry in that
dimension's fit to area; don't enter any number at all.

Lets say you have a document that's just a couple of columns wider than a
printed page will accept, but it runs on for several pages in height. If
you'll set the pages wide setting to 1 and then DELETE the entry in the
section for "tall", then it should look much better to you.