From: Byron720 on
I have a database where you type a part # and (by using macros) it brings up
the different storage locations for that part. How do I make that macro
invisible or password protected? I can use Security on high but there are
other co-workers who know that.
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
go to visual basic, tools, Project properties, 2nd tab protection, write a
password

if this helps please click yes thanks

From: Bill Sharpe on
Eduardo wrote:
> Hi,
> go to visual basic, tools, Project properties, 2nd tab protection, write a
> password
>
> if this helps please click yes thanks
>
> "Byron720" wrote:
>
>> I have a database where you type a part # and (by using macros) it brings up
>> the different storage locations for that part. How do I make that macro
>> invisible or password protected? I can use Security on high but there are
>> other co-workers who know that.

Be aware it's not that difficult to bypass or "break" password
protection in Excel.

Bill
From: Gord Dibben on
VBA Project Passwords are not easily broken.

Internal Passwords for sheet and workbook protection are easy to break.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Bill Sharpe on
Gord Dibben wrote:
> VBA Project Passwords are not easily broken.
>
> Internal Passwords for sheet and workbook protection are easy to break.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

<snipped>
>> Be aware it's not that difficult to bypass or "break" password
>> protection in Excel.
>>
>> Bill

Gord
I've been able to bypass some VBA passwords just by opening the file in
OpenOffice.org.
True, I can't run the code, but I can view it.

Bill
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Pivot Table date format