From: SafariTECH on
In the past we have only created software for Windows using Director, so we had
a ton of options for grid controls.

Now, we have been asked to port one software to Mac as well. This reduced our
choices for grids ([i]that look and work decently in both OS[/i]) to pretty
much the Flash Grid control available in Director.

It looks pretty good and it works pretty well, but one thing that happens all
the time is teh columns are always way too small (width) and the text in them
gets cramped or wrapped.

If I search in the help files I can find nothing about the Flash grid control
.... are there Lingo commands that will allow me to define the column widths??

From: Charles Parcell on
Well, to be clear, the DataGrid component did not come with Director 2004. A
developer can copy the SWC file over and have it available within Director.

I can tell you that any of the Flash components which were not included in the
release of Director 2004, were left out on purpose. The reason was because
there was some degree of incompatibility at release. Specific what that is? I
don't know the specific details.

This does not mean that the DataGrid will not function in your project. It
could simply mean that data binding doesn't work. Test Test Test is my main
suggestion.

As for using the DataGrid... You have access to all the exposed methods and
properties to any component you add to Director. Thus you should be able to
uses anything found here....

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=Pa
rt4_ASLR2.html

From: SafariTECH on
Thanks Charles,

The Grid Compnent is actually located in Director immediately after install
([i]I never tranferred it[/i]) ... but its not part of the Flash Components
menu/toolbar ... just the Code Library.

I am using it with INM's VisionDB which recommends the Grid for Director,
although it took me a few minutes to figure out where it was located.

Anyways, that aside, I figured out where to adjust their coding (INMs) to
affect the column widths better ... problem was they were using the column
title as the width catalyst rather than the longest entry in the column.

All-in-all it works really well and so far there are no issues with the Flash
Grid component in Director MX 2004 10.1 so at least I have a good option for
cross platform grids now.

Pages: 1
Prev: Older File Problems...
Next: unprotect a .dir file