From: Summer1 on

No one has answered this part of the question though:

Why was the latest version able to install without running the uninstaller
when it states that ''Flash Player 10.1 Beta users must uninstall previous
versions of Flash Player prior to installation?'

Should I uninstall Flash and Shockwave and reinstall the latest versions
manually?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44180
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Summer1 on

Perfect! Thanks PA Bear for that link.

Flash 10.1.53.64 is a critical update and that's why I was able to install
it without having to uninstall the 'previous version.'

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

Summer1 wrote:
> Perfect! Thanks PA Bear for that link.
>
> Flash 10.1.53.64 is a critical update and that's why I was able to install
> it without having to uninstall the 'previous version.'
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44180
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Summer1 wrote:
>>> I currectly have Flash Player version 10,0,45,2 installed.
>>>
>>> I received a message that version 10.1.53.64 is now available so I
>>> clicked
>>> to install it and it installed but when I went to Adobe's website to
>>> 'test'
>>> which version I have, it stated that I still had 10,0,45,2.
>>>
>>> When I checked Adone's website again, it stated that 'Flash Player 10.1
>>> Beta
>>> users must uninstall previous versions of Flash Player prior to
>>> installation.' Since this is true and nothing was uninstalled, why did
>>> it
>>> 'claim' to install without any issues?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> .