From: Tezzer100 on
Hi, I am working on a website for an artist www.helmutnewtonladiesnight.com
when home.htm loads, a white box flashes (maybe FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf?)
before the video starts playing. is there a way to make this box black or
invisible?
also, the artist doesn't want the controls to show at all. is there a way to
autoplay the video and hide the controls?
Thanks.

From: Mark A. Boyd on
Tezzer100 posted in macromedia.dreamweaver:

> Hi, I am working on a website for an artist
> www.helmutnewtonladiesnight.com
> when home.htm loads, a white box flashes (maybe
> FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf?)
> before the video starts playing. is there a way to make this box
> black or invisible?

Add this to the AC_FL_RunContent() and FlashVars param sections:

'bgcolor','#ff0000',

Add this to the embed section:

bgcolor="#00ff00"

> also, the artist doesn't want the controls to show at all. is
> there a way to autoplay the video and hide the controls?

Not that I'm aware of. Apparently DW's FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf
requires a skin file. If you have Flash, you can create your own .swf
that does not requre a skin.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)
From: Mark A. Boyd on
Mark A. Boyd posted in macromedia.dreamweaver:

> Tezzer100 posted in macromedia.dreamweaver:
>
>> Hi, I am working on a website for an artist
>> www.helmutnewtonladiesnight.com
>> when home.htm loads, a white box flashes (maybe
>> FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf?)
>> before the video starts playing. is there a way to make this box
>> black or invisible?
>
> Add this to the AC_FL_RunContent() and FlashVars param sections:
>
> 'bgcolor','#ff0000',
>
> Add this to the embed section:
>
> bgcolor="#00ff00"

Of course, I meant to use #000000 in both of those sections. The colors
I posted were left over from my experimenting to see the difference
with JavaScript turned on/off.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)
From: Tezzer100 on
Thanks, that did the trick.
From: John Wildgoose on
Hi
Can I please butt in on this link.
I too am having the same issue (www.netgoose.co.uk any of the main links to
galleries) but am not a code pro, just a photographer out of his depth.
I need to know where I find the particular documents that contain the code
that repairs this issue. I'm using Dreamweaver 8 and the Flash Players are
produced with a plug in in Lightroom.
Thanks so much
John