From: Mike Rosenberg on
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> Ever since I installed the Safari 4.0.4 update, Snow Leopard freezes
> whenever there is flash content on a page. When I removed the flash
> plugin, there was no freeze, but of course I couldn't see the flash content
> and kept getting alerts to install flash.
>
> I downloaded and installed the current version of flash, and the problem
> reappeared.
>
> I have not tried it with any other browser, so I don't know whether the
> problem is only with Safari. Nor did I try running Safari in 32-bit mode
> (because I just thought of that while typing this message).

I'm not having that problem here with Safari 4.0.4, SL, and Flash
content, and that's on both a Mac Pro and a MacBook. Do you have the
same problem from another user account?

--
My latest dance performance <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvB98fgse-s>

Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts <http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi>
Prius shirts/bumper stickers <http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi>
From: Ruddell on
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:18:35 -0600, Michelle Steiner wrote
(in article <michelle-CB4A7C.09183516112009(a)news.eternal-september.org>):

> In article <1j99ski.a05uw8g9rrp0N%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com>,
> mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:
>
>> I'm not having that problem here with Safari 4.0.4, SL, and Flash
>> content, and that's on both a Mac Pro and a MacBook. Do you have the
>> same problem from another user account?
>
> OK, I just reinstalled the Flash plugin. I tried it with another user
> account, I tried it in 32-bit mode both with and without Rosetta, and I
> tried it with the current version of Firefox. I have the same problem with
> all of them.

I've had nothing but problems since installing Snow Leopard but can't say
that that one happened. I think Apple will have to be doing an upgrade soon
to figure out the bugs and I'm really glad I paid for that three year support
contract. Kinda surprises me that they'd release an OS without checking
everything first as Apple has been really good for that. In fact, it's the
first OS I've ever really had problems with.

Now a question, without wiping my hard drive, how can I roll back to just
Leopard and not losing what I've added since?

--
Cheers!

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply