From: Tim Murray on
I use MPEG Streamclip (on a Mac) to convert Flash to other formats, usually
MP4 using H264. But in any case, literally any combination of codec and
container I export to results in a file that's far larger than the original.
(And although this is a Flash group, I'll add that the same goes for WMV
files exported via Streamclip or QuickTime.) Most of the time the Flash file
is encoded using WMV 9 Standard.

For example, I took a 15-minute, 29-meg FLV file and converted only the last
five minutes to MP4/H264, and it ended up 49 megs. I even left out the audio
track!

Are Flash and WMV particularly efficient? Is there anything I might be
missing during conversion?