From: Paolo DB on
I am building a Flash movie with a size of 1600x1200 px which is
embedded into the web page through SWFObject, with a width and a height
both equal to 100% so that it can resize according to the screen resolution.

The problem is that when a symbol gets off the stage in the Flash
animation (e.g. so that it disappears), it is shown in the page instead
of being hidden. In other terms, the size limitation applied to the
stage does not seem to exist anymore.

How can I overcome this problem? Is there a way to have objects get off
the stage and not be shown?

I hope my English is good enough so that you can understand.

Thanks in advance,

Paolo
From: Jenn on
Paolo DB wrote:
> I am building a Flash movie with a size of 1600x1200 px which is
> embedded into the web page through SWFObject, with a width and a
> height both equal to 100% so that it can resize according to the
> screen resolution.
> The problem is that when a symbol gets off the stage in the Flash
> animation (e.g. so that it disappears), it is shown in the page
> instead of being hidden. In other terms, the size limitation applied to
> the
> stage does not seem to exist anymore.
>
> How can I overcome this problem? Is there a way to have objects get
> off the stage and not be shown?
>
> I hope my English is good enough so that you can understand.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paolo

There's probably more than one way to solve the problem, but what I might
try if it were me is I would set the alpha to 0% when the symbol is supposed
to be offstage and in the keyframe that it is supposed to show up on stage I
would set the alpha either to 100% or possibly less and add a few keyframes
on stage with some tweens to bring the alpha into focus when it's only on
stage. Do likewise in reverse as it leaves the stage.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Paolo DB on
Jenn ha scritto:

> There's probably more than one way to solve the problem, but what I might
> try if it were me is I would set the alpha to 0% when the symbol is supposed
> to be offstage and in the keyframe that it is supposed to show up on stage I
> would set the alpha either to 100% or possibly less and add a few keyframes
> on stage with some tweens to bring the alpha into focus when it's only on
> stage. Do likewise in reverse as it leaves the stage.

Jenn, thanks for your reply.
I have solved the problem in a more empirical way, by adding a mask on
the stage i.e. a gif larger than any standard screen resolution with a
transparent area in the middle to show the movie.
Any content outside the 1600x1200 relevant area is therefore covered.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Paolo
From: Jenn on
Paolo DB wrote:
> Jenn ha scritto:
>> There's probably more than one way to solve the problem, but what I
>> might try if it were me is I would set the alpha to 0% when the
>> symbol is supposed to be offstage and in the keyframe that it is
>> supposed to show up on stage I would set the alpha either to 100% or
>> possibly less and add a few keyframes on stage with some tweens to
>> bring the alpha into focus when it's only on stage. Do likewise in
>> reverse as it leaves the stage.

> Jenn, thanks for your reply.
> I have solved the problem in a more empirical way, by adding a mask on
> the stage i.e. a gif larger than any standard screen resolution with a
> transparent area in the middle to show the movie.
> Any content outside the 1600x1200 relevant area is therefore covered.

Yes.. a mask would do the same thing as using the alpha channel. Seems
there is always more than one way to get to where we need to be. :)

btw .. nice to meet you Paolo. :)

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)