From: Andy on
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a Flash player for SWF files like games and such (not
just movies) that I can start with arguments from the command line so
that it appears borderless, unresizable by the user, and with a
geometry pre-defined by me. Does anybody know of such a piece of
software or any trick to accomplish that?

I tried Adobe's standalone Flash Player, but it doesn't support all
those options from the command line. Google Chrome doesn't obey the
geometry settings for whatever reason and shows the title side of the
border. Kaffeine and VLC don't seem to support SWF files.

Firefox might be able to do it, but all I can find are "incomplete"
lists of command line options.

I was also considering writing my own player with Python and the
Pyjamas-desktop library, but the relevant functions appear not to be
ready for prime time yet.

I'm using OpenSuSE 11.2.

Any suggestions highly appreciated, thanks!
Andy
From: Michael Soibelman on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:38:51 -0700, Andy wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I'm looking for a Flash player for SWF files like games and such (not
> just movies) that I can start with arguments from the command line so
> that it appears borderless, unresizable by the user, and with a geometry
> pre-defined by me. Does anybody know of such a piece of software or any
> trick to accomplish that?
>
> I tried Adobe's standalone Flash Player, but it doesn't support all
> those options from the command line. Google Chrome doesn't obey the
> geometry settings for whatever reason and shows the title side of the
> border. Kaffeine and VLC don't seem to support SWF files.
>
> Firefox might be able to do it, but all I can find are "incomplete"
> lists of command line options.
>
> I was also considering writing my own player with Python and the
> Pyjamas-desktop library, but the relevant functions appear not to be
> ready for prime time yet.
>
> I'm using OpenSuSE 11.2.
>
> Any suggestions highly appreciated, thanks! Andy

A bit of Googling found what seems to be your answer: (long url !)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/164460/programmatically-launching-
standalone-adobe-flashplayer-on-linux-x11
From: Michael Soibelman on
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:36:56 +0000, Michael Soibelman wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:38:51 -0700, Andy wrote:
>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> I'm looking for a Flash player for SWF files like games and such (not
>> just movies) that I can start with arguments from the command line so
>> that it appears borderless, unresizable by the user, and with a
>> geometry pre-defined by me. Does anybody know of such a piece of
>> software or any trick to accomplish that?
>>
>> I tried Adobe's standalone Flash Player, but it doesn't support all
>> those options from the command line. Google Chrome doesn't obey the
>> geometry settings for whatever reason and shows the title side of the
>> border. Kaffeine and VLC don't seem to support SWF files.
>>
>> Firefox might be able to do it, but all I can find are "incomplete"
>> lists of command line options.
>>
>> I was also considering writing my own player with Python and the
>> Pyjamas-desktop library, but the relevant functions appear not to be
>> ready for prime time yet.
>>
>> I'm using OpenSuSE 11.2.
>>
>> Any suggestions highly appreciated, thanks! Andy
>
> A bit of Googling found what seems to be your answer: (long url !)
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/164460/programmatically-launching-
> standalone-adobe-flashplayer-on-linux-x11

!!! Make sure to copy entire url as it may be cut into 2 lines in your
reader.