From: Nobody on

>>> you can also get more display info from here:
>>> http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html
>>> and there is also a global setting manager that will
>>> give you access to more [hidden] setting
>>
>> Thanks, Peter.
>>
>> I thought I had it figured out, but AdBlock Plus 1.1.1 somehow
>> overrides FlashPlayer's settings. It (AdBlock) doesn't allow the
>> "quality" setting to appear to the bottom right of the video, and
>> defaults the playback to "medium".
>>
>> Most strange. I guess I'll have to disable ABP whenever visiting that
>> site with FF for video, and also have to put up with the pre-clip paid
>> advertising.
>
>well, you have two choices:
>
>either seek advice from the adblock people:
>https://adblockplus.org/forum/
>
>or invest in a good hosts file:
>http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm or
>http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/
>
>my money is on the hosts file. I've never had a
>problem with it.

Interestingly, I've already gone the "hosts" file route without
success.

Ah, I'm beginning to wonder whether the site (TV3 in NZ) can "fish"
for broadband/high-speed download requests that are blocking ads, and
the site is saying, yeah we'll forego the ads -- but you're not gonna
get 330k video.

Oh well.

Again, thanks for the help.