From: (PeteCresswell) on
Months ago, I suddenly could not log in to Flicker - something
about them moving everybody to Yahoo IDs - one of which I had.

Couldn't get in using either my old Flickr ID/PW or my Yahoo
ID/PW... called support... they asked a couple of those
supposedly user-specified security questions/answers.... and I
never, *ever*, under any circumstances would have specified
either one. No way... not even a .0000001% chance.

Let it go for a few months, moving over to PhotoBucket.

Just today, I tried logging in several times with my Yahoo ID/PW
and it didn't accept it - no big surprise, right?

Went to Yahoo.com, logged in successfully.

Went back to Flicker and logged in with no problem.

Am I the only one?
--
PeteCresswell
From: Paul Furman on
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Months ago, I suddenly could not log in to Flicker - something
> about them moving everybody to Yahoo IDs - one of which I had.
>
> Couldn't get in using either my old Flickr ID/PW or my Yahoo
> ID/PW... called support... they asked a couple of those
> supposedly user-specified security questions/answers.... and I
> never, *ever*, under any circumstances would have specified
> either one. No way... not even a .0000001% chance.
>
> Let it go for a few months, moving over to PhotoBucket.
>
> Just today, I tried logging in several times with my Yahoo ID/PW
> and it didn't accept it - no big surprise, right?
>
> Went to Yahoo.com, logged in successfully.
>
> Went back to Flicker and logged in with no problem.
>
> Am I the only one?

I've had weird stuff with flickr & yahoo IDs. I didn't want to attach my
yahoo email to the flickr account, and initially set it up with my
sbcglobal.net email, then yahoo teamed up with sbcglobal so that became
a yahoo ID, now if I try to log into my other yahoo email, that logs me
out of flickr.
From: (PeteCresswell) on
Per Paul Furman:
>I've had weird stuff with flickr & yahoo IDs. I didn't want to attach my
>yahoo email to the flickr account, and initially set it up....

My impression was that, at some point, Flickr forced the issue
and attached the account of anybody they had a Yahoo email for -
whether the user wanted it or not.... at least that what seems to
have happened to me.
--
PeteCresswell

Pages: 1