From: Hennie Neuhoff on
Hi All
In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics.
When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can
select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007
the float_menu doesn't appear. Any suggestions ?
As always any help will be much appreciated.
This is my code:
Regular module:
Sub Float_Menu_help()
Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu
Dim c
'remove custom menu if it exists
Delete_HelpMenu
'create new menu and display it
Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _
Temporary:=True, _
MenuBar:=False)
newMenu.Visible = True
'add a menu to the new CommandBar
Set newControl = newMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup)
newControl.Caption = "Select the required item"
newControl.OnAction = "HelpMe"

End Sub

Sheet code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Float_Menu_help
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Delete_HelpMenu
End Sub

--
HJN
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Have you looked for the items from your float_menu under the Add-ins tab?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.