From: Alan on

FlushViewOfFile flushes updated pages of a mapped file to disk.
Sometimes we observe that it returns ERROR_LOCK_VIOLATION but the
conditions under which this occurs are not clear. We suspect the issue
is the NTFS transaction log is full and that FlushViewOfFile doesn't
wait for the flush to be flushed. Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

From: Tony Proctor on
Others have experienced this Alan, including myself. See
http://groups.google.ie/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel/browse_frm/thread/a7a70e5bf111f31f/3053356d049d22bc?hl=en#3053356d049d22bc

Tony Proctor