From: Robert LeBlanc on
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Diego Lima <lists(a)diegolima.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to force Winbind to auhenticate against a certain
> domain even if another was specified? I'm currently having problems
> authenticating some users on squid as they seem to inform the wrong
> domain. I can see messages like these on my cache log:
>
> Login for user [PROXY1]\[USERNAME]@[WRKSTATION] failed due to [No such
> user]
>
> The problem is that our domain is not called proxy1 (that is our proxy
> DNS name) and we can see some (not all) users unable to authenticate
> due to this. So my question is, can I force the domain to be MYDOMAIN
> instead of PROXY1?
>
> Thank you!

I think you are looking for use default domain in smb.conf. That should
allow users to just use their sAMAccountName, otherwise they could use
DOMAIN\sAMAccountName without the use default domain setting configured.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University