From: Catrina on
In MS Project, when you force a date/deadline, the “automatically calculate”
feature is turned off. How can I reverse this and force “auto calculate”
back on?

We are trying to use MS Project as a trade-off tool. The data is fed from
Access into MS Project and is “forcing” dates to be held true in MS Project.
Does anyone know how to feed durations and a project start date into MS
project instead of all dates and essentially turning off the “auto calculate”
feature?
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Maybe you're feeding the wrong data from Access? Why don't you simply export
Predecessors/Successors and Duration from Access to Project?

There is no strict need to export Start and Finish dates as Access can perform
the same duration calculations as Project (more or less).

Another option is after exporting, run through and flip the Constraint type
on all tasks to ASAP in MS Project.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

Forcing a date does NOT turn the Automatically Calculate option off.
It may create a MUST start or finish on for one task - that you can revert
by double clicking the task, Advanced Tab, set the constraint to As Soon As
Possible.
HTH

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional