From: B J on
Hi - I am migrating to a new machine. My IT department helpfully set up my
IMAP email into Outlook for me. However, I have a complicated & extensive
set of subfolders, and all that Outlook has downloaded are the message
headers.

I can go into each subfolder, mark the messages, and download them - but
this is taking forever.

Is there a way to "Mark messages for download" and "Process marked headers"
for subfolders instead of going into each folder? (Outlook 2007, by the way.)

Thanks in advance...
Ben.
From: Kjell B. on
B J wrote:
> Hi - I am migrating to a new machine. My IT department helpfully set up my
> IMAP email into Outlook for me. However, I have a complicated & extensive
> set of subfolders, and all that Outlook has downloaded are the message
> headers.
>
> I can go into each subfolder, mark the messages, and download them - but
> this is taking forever.
>
> Is there a way to "Mark messages for download" and "Process marked headers"
> for subfolders instead of going into each folder? (Outlook 2007, by the way.)
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Ben.

I understand, that the Send/Receive Settings you can customize this. You
choose "Download complete items including attachments for subscribed
folders" instead of "Download headers for subscribed folders" which I
think is the default (and what I have selected in my Outlook 2007). Then
you do a Send/Receive or wait for the next scheduled Send/Receive. It
might take a while though I assume, depending on the amount of messages
and your bandwidth.

I haven't tried it myself as I have let Outlook download a copy when I
select each individual message. I have lived with not having them all
locally copied as I am basically online all the time anyway.

--
Kjell