From: Srdan Dukic on
Hi,

I've got an email server which I use for testing various setups. I am now
trying to get this server to soft bounce all mail for a particular address
e.g. 'softbounce(a)example.com'. I am doing this to test whether the sending
server is handling and reporting the soft bounces properly.

How can I set this up?

I am aware of the 'soft_bounce' parameter in the config, but from what I can
tell it's not address-specific.

Thank you
--
Srđan Đukić
From: /dev/rob0 on
On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 02:46:38PM +1200, Srdan Dukic wrote:
> I've got an email server which I use for testing various setups.
> I am now trying to get this server to soft bounce all mail for a
> particular address e.g. 'softbounce(a)example.com'. I am doing this

$config_directory/main.cf :
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access
hash:$config_directory/softbounce
[ ... ]
# You do need the rest of your smtpd_recipient_restrictions

$config_directory/softbounce :
softbounce(a)example.com DEFER your reject message here

If you're using a version older than 2.6, DEFER_IF_PERMIT should
work, as the action. Or in any 2.3 or later, which is to say, any
supported version of Postfix, you can use a custom 4xx error code.

See $html_directory/postconf.5.html#smtpd_recipient_restrictions
and $html_directory/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html
and $html_directory/access.5.html

From: Wietse Venema on
Srdan Dukic:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an email server which I use for testing various setups. I am now
> trying to get this server to soft bounce all mail for a particular address
> e.g. 'softbounce(a)example.com'. I am doing this to test whether the sending
> server is handling and reporting the soft bounces properly.
>
> How can I set this up?

/etc/postfix/main.cf

/etc/postfix/transport:
user(a)example.com error:4.7.1 Your text here

This requires Postfix 2.3 and later.

Wietse