From: Jennifer on
I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to
open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the
second...tenth customers the order form does not save the information into
table or form. What am I doing wrong and How can I correct this problem?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:09:01 -0800, Jennifer
<Jennifer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to
>open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the
>second...tenth customers the order form does not save the information into
>table or form. What am I doing wrong and How can I correct this problem?

We cannot possibly tell what you're doing wrong because you have not told us
what you're doing.

Please post your code and the Recordsources of the two forms. If the
recordsource is a Query post the SQL view of the query; if it's a table, post
the relevant fieldnames.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Rockn on
Is the second form bound to the table you are trying ot update? You either
have to bind the form to the table or use some code to update the orders
table.

From: Jennifer on
I get this after the button is created and I start data entering in to the
Orders form. " The changes you requested to the table were not successful
becuase they would create duplicate values in the index,Promary Key or
relationship. Changes the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate
data, removed the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries
and try again." I have no relationship in the relationship window. On the
Procedure table I made CustomerID a yes (Yes to duplicates). I am not sure
what to do now. Jennifer

From: Jennifer on
I an not understanding what you are asking. The customer form comes from the
customer table and the orders form comes from the orders table. I created the
forms by using the tables. the orders form and table does have the customerID
with index as yes(duplicates OK). Then when I created the button on the
customer form I asked it to filter by customerID in the command wizard. But
it does not save anything after the first record on the orders form. I have
no relationship in the relationship window. I did try it with a relationship
but it did not make a difference. I don't know why I keep getting the message
that the index, or primary key is dulpicated and unable to save the
information. However, when I look at the idexes I see nothing that is
duplicated. I am lost. Jennifer

"Rockn" wrote:

> Is the second form bound to the table you are trying ot update? You either
> have to bind the form to the table or use some code to update the orders
> table.
>
> "Jennifer" <Jennifer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to
> > open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the
> > second...tenth customers the order form does not save the information into
> > table or form. What am I doing wrong and How can I correct this problem?
>

> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Access 2003