From: dlhappy via AccessMonster.com on
Using Access 2007, I created two similar combo boxes, using the control
wizard for each form, in design view, one for each of two separate databases.
For one database it presents no problem at all. But for the other, when I
create a query, initially the query displays during the creation process.
However, every time I try to re-open the query, it re-opens and displays the
correct data, BUT only after I close an error message box that always pops up.
The error message says:

"An invalid condition was encountered by Access due to a value that you
entered for a field or table property.  Review the table for any changes
which might be out of range or are not supported by the table. Examine any
changes that you may have made to the table and, if possible, revert back to
a previous copy of either the database or the table to determine the
differences in your settings."

I have no idea why this is happening. As for values, the field in each
database are simple text fields. I made no changes other that adding the
combo box to each database. Yet, one database never displays the error
message, and the other one always displays it.

The combo box for the database that causes no problems is for a "FROM" field
on a datasheet form that I use for posting. It has, as does the other
database, one module that adds a date to an edit date field, if the record is
changed. Btw, I don't know VBA programming -- the code was given to me for
the module.

In the database that has no problem, I have a separate table named "from"
that has all of the possible text entries that comprise the drop down list
for selecting an entry for the from field on the form. The main table, has
the from field designated as a text field. The "from" table also has the
"from" field designated as a text field.

In the database that causes the problem, I have a separate table named "type"
It has one field, named type (a text field), and three records (single,
family, lifetime) to indicate membership categories. (Actually I don't really
need a combo box to allow me to type only the first letter of each category
on the 2010-type field (a text field) on the form. The form is a datasheet
form created from the main table. (The form -- and main table == have many
fields, such as name, address line 1, state, status, email address, telephone,
and for each year, three fields, such as 2010-date, 2010-type, 2010-paid.
Incidentally, I'm keeping this membership database as a volunteer for a non-
profit membership organization. I set up the combo box and the "type" table
because I wanted to see how a combo box works -- so, I set up a combo box for
each database (the other database is an inventory of my digital disks (DVDs,
CD, etc. -- the from Combo box lists all of the original sources that my
burned CDs & DVDs were made from, such as MP3, AVI, MPG, FLAC, FLAC+Cue Sheet,
etc.)

For both databases, the combo boxes work fine...it is only when I run a test
by creating a query from the main table and only selecting the field bound by
the combo box that I have a problem with the one database -- that is, the
error message pops up, as described above.

I've made changes to property sheets, etc. but nothing seems to work to get
rid of the error message pop-up box.

Any suggestions how to remedy this situation would be appreciated, or even
advice as to why this should always happen with the one database and never
with the other..

Thanks.

Allan