From: Centaur on
Hi

I have a database that I created and have used for some time. There have
been no changes to it in months except the addition of data.

The form on opening invokes a macro, that calls a function. Everything has
been fine until now.

It says the Macro failed, and all I can press is the HALT button; after this
a window appears - "Runtime Error 2425 The expression you entered has a
function name that Microsoft Office Access can't find."

In fact the function is there, the syntax is correct and nothing has
changed. I have compacted and repaired, but that has not made it work. Any
ideas would be appreciated please.

Thank you in Anticipation

Centaur

From: MacDermott on
The problem may be inside the function.
Set a breakpoint at the function's definition, and see if execution gets
there.
If it does, step through the code until you find the problem line.

From: Centaur on
Hi

It does not get as far as that - it does not see that the function exists.
I have set a break out before the first statement.

The Macro says true. (set under RunCode) then a window appears - "Runtime
Error 2425 The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft
Office Access can't find."

There are no syntax errors, as far as I can see. As I said it was working
fine, and now it doesn't, and no changes have been made to the code, and
that is what I am finding confusing.

Thanks for your help

Centaur

From: Centaur on
Just got it sorted

Apparently security settings have to be set to low to allow the macros to
work. Not sur how to get the macros to work on a higher security setting.

Centaur