From: Margaret Upton on
I am not a new Word user but a new user to Word 2007. I have created forms
in Word 2003, put in the fields and locked them. I cannot find how to now
create new forms and lock and unlock the ones I have. The computer is about
to go through the window !!!! Can anyone help please. Also there does not
seem to be a help button anywhere to find out these things. Would be very
grateful for some help please.

Margaret

From: Stefan Blom on
Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Popular
category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." Click OK.

On the Developer tab, click Protect Document to display the Restrict Editing
and Formatting pane (if it isn't already showing of course). To turn off
protection, click Stop Protection. You can double-click a field to set its
properties; to add new fields, click the Legacy Tools button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From: Graham Mayor on
You will find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful
when working with protected forms in Word 2007.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

From: Margaret Upton on
thank you very much indeed.

Margaret

PS why have Microsoft made such a dreadful version of Word, you cannot
customise the button bar, add macros and menus to it, or even group clipart
together !!

From: Margaret Upton on
Thank you very much indeed. Very grateful for the help.

Margaret