From: cr113 on

I'm trying to make my project look a little more professional. I'm
trying to experiment around with some of the form properties like auto
center, auto resize, and fit to screen. I'm trying to figure out
whether it will look better to have the forms always fill the screen
or always remain one size, etc. For some reason none of these settings
seem to have any effect on my form. My form always resizes itself to
fit the screen no matter what the settings. What am I doing wrong?
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"cr113" <cr113(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to make my project look a little more professional. I'm
> trying to experiment around with some of the form properties like auto
> center, auto resize, and fit to screen. I'm trying to figure out
> whether it will look better to have the forms always fill the screen
> or always remain one size, etc. For some reason none of these settings
> seem to have any effect on my form. My form always resizes itself to
> fit the screen no matter what the settings. What am I doing wrong?

I suspect that you are using Access 2007 or 2010, and you have the database
windowing option set to "tabbed documents" rather than "overlapping
windows". Click the Office button, choose Access Options, go the Current
Database tab, and you should see the option I'm talking about. You need to
set it to "Overlapping Windows" for the form sizing to have any effect.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: cr113 on
On Jan 7, 4:31 pm, "Dirk Goldgar"
<d...(a)NOdataSPAMgnostics.com.invalid> wrote:
> "cr113" <cr...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm trying to make my project look a little more professional. I'm
> > trying to experiment around with some of the form properties like auto
> > center, auto resize, and fit to screen. I'm trying to figure out
> > whether it will look better to have the forms always fill the screen
> > or always remain one size, etc. For some reason none of these settings
> > seem to have any effect on my form. My form always resizes itself to
> > fit the screen no matter what the settings. What am I doing wrong?
>
> I suspect that you are using Access 2007 or 2010, and you have the database
> windowing option set to "tabbed documents" rather than "overlapping
> windows".  Click the Office button, choose Access Options, go the Current
> Database tab, and you should see the option I'm talking about.  You need to
> set it to "Overlapping Windows" for the form sizing to have any effect.

Your suspicions are correct. I'm using Access 2007. That fixed it!

Thanks!