From: Peter on
Hi again. I want the “next” record in a subform (continuous) that holds only
memo fields to be a different colour before I enter new data. This because
the next records seems to be at the bottom of the form…. I want to format
this record in order to distinguish it from the other records ?
From: Marshall Barton on
Peter wrote:

>Hi again. I want the �next� record in a subform (continuous) that holds only
>memo fields to be a different colour before I enter new data. This because
>the next records seems to be at the bottom of the form�. I want to format
>this record in order to distinguish it from the other records ?

I don't know what you mean by "next record". Because the
last record at the bottom of a continuous for is the new
record, I'll assume that's what you mean.

To highlight the new record, use Conditional Formatting on
the text box. Select the Expression Is option and set the
expression to Form.NewRecord. Then select your favorite
color for the BackColor property,

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Peter on
Thanks you Marshall, i tried this option but it is only valid once you
actually create it...i want to highlight the "next record" to be
created...this in order to guide the user were he should enter the new
notes...perhaps it is better to formatt the already created records?
Form.Newrecord would not be valid in such case?

Once again, Thanks!

From: Marshall Barton on
Peter wrote:

>Thanks you Marshall, i tried this option but it is only valid once you
>actually create it...i want to highlight the "next record" to be
>created...this in order to guide the user were he should enter the new
>notes...perhaps it is better to formatt the already created records?
>Form.Newrecord would not be valid in such case?

If you have a required field in the record source (e.g. the
primary key field), then you could use the CF expression:
[pk field] Is Null

Note 1: As soon as the pk field is filled in, the highlight
will go away.

Note 2: As soon as a user enters any character in any
field, Access will display another empty new record slot and
that will also be highlighted.

Note 3: If your pk field is an autonumber field, the first
character entered will also apply the autonumber to the pk
so the not yet completed new record will lose its
highlighting.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Peter on
This functions to perfection!

Thanks!

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Peter wrote:
>
> >Thanks you Marshall, i tried this option but it is only valid once you
> >actually create it...i want to highlight the "next record" to be
> >created...this in order to guide the user were he should enter the new
> >notes...perhaps it is better to formatt the already created records?
> >Form.Newrecord would not be valid in such case?
>

> If you have a required field in the record source (e.g. the
> primary key field), then you could use the CF expression:
> [pk field] Is Null
>
> Note 1: As soon as the pk field is filled in, the highlight
> will go away.
>
> Note 2: As soon as a user enters any character in any
> field, Access will display another empty new record slot and
> that will also be highlighted.
>
> Note 3: If your pk field is an autonumber field, the first
> character entered will also apply the autonumber to the pk
> so the not yet completed new record will lose its
> highlighting.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]