From: RAMS on
Dear All,

I need to concatenate three fields. I used catx function
to conatenate those three fields say A, B and C. For an Example A has
a value "ARJUN" and B has a valu "KUMARESAN" and C has a value of
"THIRUVARUL".

i used the sas comment D=catx(' , ', of A B C);

and i get a output of ARJUN , KUMARESAN , THIRUVARUL. But i want to
get a output like this format

ARJUN
KUMARESAN
THIRUVARUL

please help me to get a output like this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramsathish S

From: data _null_; on
On Feb 14, 8:08 am, "RAMS" <ramsath...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I need to concatenate three fields. I used catx function
> to conatenate those three fields say A, B and C. For an Example A has
> a value "ARJUN" and B has a valu "KUMARESAN" and C has a value of
> "THIRUVARUL".
>
> i used the sas comment D=catx(' , ', of A B C);
>
> and i get a output of ARJUN , KUMARESAN , THIRUVARUL. But i want to
> get a output like this format
>
> ARJUN
> KUMARESAN
> THIRUVARUL
>
> please help me to get a output like this.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ramsathish S

You don't say how you want to produce the output. Assuming "regular"
listing output produced with PROC REPORT.

data work.split;
length a b c $15;
a='ARJUN';
b='KUMARESAN';
c='THIRUVARUL';
d=catx(',', of A B C);
run;
proc report nowd split=',';
columns d;
define d / flow width=20;
run;

From: RAMS on
is there any option to do this in proc print

From: ajs2004 on
If your output is to HTML, you can put line breaks in the text and get
the result you describe. Try this example:

ods html file='try21.htm';

data;
a = "ARJUN"; b = "KUMARESAN"; c = "THIRUVARUL";
d = catx('000a'x, of A B C);
do i = 1 to 3; output; end;
run;

proc print;