From: Loris on
When applying the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+# to a number, Excel formats
that number in the 29-Mar-10 format by default. How do I change that default
format for the current and all futire workbooks?
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Try changing your Windows Regional Options (in Control Panel, not in Excel).
--
David Biddulph

From: Gord Dibben on
David

I have found using that particular farmat date shortcut Excel ignores the
Regional Settings for shortdate.

I have not found a method of changing that default.

With my Regional settings of mm/dd/yyyy TODAY() and CTRL + ; both return
mm/dd/yyyy

BUT enter 40266 or today's date in a cell

Format to date by CTRL + SHIFT + # always defaults to dd-mmm-yy

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP